Which one is more dangerous AC or DC MCQ
Which one is more dangerous:
- Both are equally dangerous
Correct answer: 1. AC
AC or alternating current is four to five times more dangerous than DC.
Reasons why AC is more dangerous than DC
Severe muscular contractions
AC causes more sever muscular contractions than DC
AC Stimulates sweating
The alternating current prompts sweating which in turn lowers the resistance and the lower the resistance the more is the current flow and the higher the hazard becomes.
Frequency of AC
The frequency of alternating current plays a fundamental role. The 50 and 60 Hz frequency ranges are unfortunately the most dangerous ranges. A 50 Hz or 60 Hz waveform is more dangerous than a 2000 or 5000 Hz AC wave of the same magnitude. The reason behind this is the at 50 and 60 Hz the shock pulses stimulate the body muscles and interfere in the most dangerous way as compared to 2000 or 5000 Hz.
Similar MCQ Questions:
- The current Frequency in the US is
- The pole of a network is the frequency at which – Control System MCQ#15
- Resonance is less likely to happen at supply frequency because
- Electricity Tariff MCQ – Multiple Choice Questions on Tariff
- In a transformer the energy is conveyed from primary to secondary through | Transformer MCQ